Workshops, Classes, and More
Artists who work and create together, grow together, by sharing stories, ideas, memories, and dreams. Won't you join us?
Throughout each calendar year, FASM offers workshops and classes with pre-eminent artists that would appeal to experienced, emerging, and beginning artists alike. Stay tuned for the Programs schedules coming in 2024. Barb Tate is the Programs Director and Committee Chair; contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Workshops in 2023
Earlier this year we offered 3 workshops to our members, each held on a Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm. While non-members are welcome to register, FASM members receive a fee discount on all workshops.
1) John David Anderson: Landscape Painting in oils or acrylics
2) Shelley Prior: Watercolour Painting
3) Stephanie Schirm: Portrait Painting
Classes in 2022: Take Part Art
In the last quarter of 2022, some recently received grant money allowed us to run weekly gatherings in the Robert Bateman Studio in the FirstOntario Arts Centre Milton. Each Wednesday, members were invited to drop in from 1 to 4 pm to join in on a class, run by a fellow FASM member, or simply work on their own projects:
1) Ursula McDermid: Batik Creations (offered twice)
2) Tina Clancy: Zentangle
3) Trixy Benner: Creating Journals from Recyclables
4) Allycia Uccello: Paper Art: A New Dimension
5) Sheila Mitchell: Painting with Pen and Ink
6) Trixy Benner: Art Trading Cards
7) Ursula McDermid: Alcohol Inks
Art Connect in 2023
From April to May, several members gathered each Wednesday afternoon in the rental room of Ohana Hair Salon in downtown Milton for studio painting. Each brought their own projects to work on in the spacious and well lit back room, and shared stories, practices, tips, and friendly critiques to help each other along. Evening gatherings can be arranged if there is interest.